Parking Services Representative (On-Street Enforcement)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of the ParkSmart On-Street Supervisor and taking direction from the Operations Manager will provide a variety of essential parking services to users of the ParkSmart system. Employee is responsible for Parking Ordinance Enforcement. The employee will perform a variety of tasks to include but not limited to; management of parking meter zones and equipment, issue citations when necessary, greeting customers, providing good customer service, collecting meters, performing basic cleaning/maintenance duties, monitoring equipment, generating basic reports, and assisting office staff. Performs other related duties as required/requested.
EXAMPLES OF MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
Note: Not every employee will perform every job function listed. These are examples and not intended to include every possible job function.
- Greets customers and politely responds to their questions/inquires
- Regularly works with the general public
- Provides information and brochures for general public
- Provides parking ordinance enforcement
- Performs parking meter collections and fills in for On-Street Supervisor when absent or unavailable
- Initiates daily deposit for his/her shift
- Prepares malfunction reports, incident reports, activity reports, and other basic reports related to the on-street program as directed. All reports shall be clear, accurate, legible, and submitted as required by the On-Street Supervisor.
- Performs basic exterior maintenance of meters to include but not limited to cleaning units, and inspecting for proper labels and functions
- Responsible for careful handling of assigned equipment and reports any problems
- Reports to Operations Manager/Special Events Coordinator.P
- Does not exercise any supervisory authority
- Perform all duties within special events scope
- Responsible for handling credit card payments, traffic control, set up and tear down of event
- Responsible for making sure all paperwork is done accurately
- Ability to utilize and perform excellent customer service skills while helping customers
- Possess a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must fluently speak and read English (to communicate orally and in writing; read instructions, product labels, and safety material).
- Must maintain a valid driver license
- Must work variable hours
- Must interact courteously with all internal and external customers
- Must possess interpersonal communication skills, while maintaining a calm friendly and helpful demeanor
- Must be bondable as determined by the bonding agency
- Must pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing
- Must maintain a security background check free of felonious assaults, thefts, deceptions, drugs, forgeries and related offenses
- Must submit and pass professionally administered psychological testing as requested
- Must possess physical stamina to stand/walk up to three hours
- Must possess physical strength to lift/carry objects up to 40 lbs. a distance of 100 ft.
- Must have eyesight sufficient to read 8pt print and record information legibly
- Must have hearing sufficient to hear phone, 2-way radio transmissions, pagers, alarms, patron’s voices, etc.
- Must follow oral and written; instructions
- Must be willing to work as a sole employee
- Must report regularly to work as scheduled
- Must be able to make change and count currency
- Must not be related to any current employees of ParkSmart
(A relative is defined as a member of the employee’s immediate family and includes spouse, parents, children, grandparents, siblings, grandchildren, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law or a legal guardian or other person who stands in place of a parent.)
To apply for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com.