Parking Services Representative (On-Street)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of ParkSmart and the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority, this position will provide a variety of essential parking services to users of the ParkSmart System. The employee will perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to greeting customers, providing good customer service, issuing citations, collecting fees, performing basic cleaning/maintenance duties, monitoring equipment, generating basic reports and assisting office staff. Performs other related duties as required/requested.
EXAMPLES OF MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
Note: Not every employee will perform every job function listed. These are examples and not intended to include every possible job function.
1. Greets customers. Promptly and politely responds to their complaints, questions/inquires.
2. Regularly works with the public.
3. Provides information to the public.
4. Provides parking ordinance enforcement.
5. Performs parking meter collections.
6. Initiates daily deposit for his/her shift.
7. Prepares malfunction reports, incident reports, activity reports and other basic reports related to the on-street program as directed. All reports shall be clear, accurate, legible and submitted as required by the Operations Supervisor.
8. Performs basic exterior maintenance of meters to include but not limited to cleaning units and inspecting for proper labels and functions.
9. Responsible for careful handling of assigned equipment and reports any problems.
10. Attend monthly staff meetings with employees.
11. Reports to Manager.
12. Does not exercise any supervisory authority.
1. Possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must fluently speak and read English (to communicate orally and in writing; read instructions, product labels, and safety material).
1. Must maintain a valid driver license.
2. Must work variable hours.
3. Must interact courteously with all internal and external customers
4. Must possess interpersonal communication skills, while maintaining a calm friendly and helpful demeanor.
5. Must be bondable as determined by the bonding agency.
6. Must pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
7. Must maintain a security background check free of felonious assaults, thefts, deceptions, drugs, forgeries or related offenses.
8. Must possess physical stamina to stand/walk up to three hours.
9. Must possess physical strength to lift/carry objects up to 40 lbs a distance of 100 ft.
10. Must have eyesight sufficient to read 8pt print and record information legibly.
11. Must have hearing sufficient to hear 2-way radio transmissions, pagers, alarms, patron’s voices, etc.
12. Must follow oral and written instructions.
13. Must be willing to work as a sole employee.
14. Must report regularly to work as scheduled.
15. Must be able to make change and count currency.
16. Must not be related to any current employees of ParkSmart. (A relative is defined as a member of the employee’s immediate family and includes spouse, parents, children, grandparents, siblings, grandchildren, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, a legal guardian, or other person who stands in place of a parent.)
To apply for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com.